If a new homeowner is on your holiday gift list this year, you may be in for a challenge. What do you give someone that could use one of everything?
“A new homeowner has just embarked on probably the biggest investment they will ever make,” says Phil Dorner, president of the Ontario Real Estate Association. “It’s fun shopping for someone who has a long wish list. Almost anything you give this person will be appreciated. The challenge is not in coming up with gift ideas, it is in narrowing the list down and deciding on the most fitting and appropriate gift.”
When asked for their gift giving recommendations, some Ontario Realtors suggested the following:
• Tablet computer – for researching do-it-yourself home repairs and recipes with.
• Coffee maker – because who doesn’t need a coffee maker?
• Canadian flag pole kit – go on, wave that homeownership pride.
• Garage door openers – true appreciation for this gift is realized in November and peaks in January.
• Home improvement store gift cards – no amount is too high for a new homeowner.
• Bottle of wine – to toast the new home and holidays with.
• Garden accessories – to keep the outside of the home looking as beautiful as the inside.
• Welcome mat – it’s the next best thing to a white picket fence.
• Fireplace set – even if it’s gas, every fireplace could use this accessory.
• Home alarm – to keep things safe and sound at all times.
“I have the most fun shopping for the new homeowner on my list,” says Dorner. “We all love this special time of year, but for someone who’s celebrating the holidays in a new home, it’s that much more special. I just love being a part of that experience.”
To connect with an Ontario Realtor in your area, visit www.wedothehomework.ca.
This article is provided by local REALTORS® and the Ontario Real Estate Association for the benefit of consumers in the real estate market.