NC – Safety is a concern for everyone, especially parents. An important part of raising children is careful supervision of their activities in the home. Parents need to be aware of their children’s surroundings at all times in order to anticipate and prevent potential injury. Here are few tips from Sally Morse, designer and creative director of the window fashions company Hunter Douglas, which offers a wide variety of products that eliminate window covering lift cords or substantially reduce access to them:
• Position cribs and beds away from windows.
• Use safety straps on chests of drawers and TVs (depending on the age of your child).
• Make sure all area rugs have anti-slip padding.
• Use window guards.
• Use door stops to help prevent doors from fully closing and any fingers from being squashed.
• Don’t have any toys or objects small enough that they can pass through a toilet paper cardboard roll.
• Use cordless window coverings.
More information is available online at www.hunterdouglas.ca.