(NC) The sun is shining, birds are chirping, and there’s a little more bounce in your step – everything is better when spring is here. Whether you’re looking to take up a new class, get to know your neighbours a little better, or just switch up your usual habits, now is the perfect time to challenge yourself. Get out of your comfort zone and try something new to make this spring your best yet.
Shake up your warm weather routine with these five tips:
1. Take your gym workout outside. Change up your usual workout location and get outside for your next sweat session. Biking and rollerblading are two great outdoor options that will keep you active and add some variety to your standard gym schedule. Whether you’re doing yoga in the park or using a bench for bicep dips, there are plenty of ways to get creative with your exercise routine and benefit from some fresh air.
2. Try new smoothies. To cool down and stay hydrated, have a refreshing smoothie and add a little energy kick to your day. Smoothie combinations are unlimited and can be tailored to your liking. Try blending together kale, spinach, pear, banana and pineapple, Almond Breeze Vanilla, and almond butter to create a delicious drink.
3. Change up your commute. If the distance allows, try walking or biking to work over driving. It might even open up some interesting shortcuts you’re not able to see in a vehicle, and give you a fresh new perspective on your city. If you take transit, get off a stop or two early and walk the rest of the way.
4. Host a brunch. Gather your friends and host a brunch party that’s the perfect balance of savoury and sweet. Include an assortment of fresh juices, scrambled eggs, pastries, or crowd pleasing pancakes. For a nutty twist, try replacing the milk in your batter with Almond Breeze Original.
5. Participate in a fundraising walk. Seek out a local walk in your community to give back and support a worthy cause. Not only will you get in some great exercise, but it’s the perfect opportunity to make friends with other like-minded locals.