Whoever said you can have too many good ingredients in one dish? By combining sweet treats and fresh fruit, you get the best of both worlds: a savoury and yummy dessert. With a cookie-crumb crust and a butterscotch-caramel topping, this banana cream pie offers a twist on a childhood favourite.
• 2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
• 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
• 1 package Great Value instant vanilla pudding (102 g)
• 2 ripe medium bananas, sliced
• butterscotch-caramel topping
1. Combine cookie crumbs with butter in a bowl until crumbs are moist. Press 1/4 cup crumbs into the bottom of eight 1/2-cup dessert dishes.
2. Prepare pudding according to package. Let stand 5 min.
3. Arrange half of banana slices on cookie crust. Top with pudding, then remaining banana.
4. Drizzle caramel over pudding before serving.
For a twist on traditional dessert dishes, try using mason jars instead.
Additional recipes and barbecue ideas can be found at walmart.ca/discoverfresh.