(NC) — Embrace the gorgeous snowy weather on your next holiday by visiting a location that thrives in the winter and celebrates the season. “There are plenty of destinations that are even better in the cooler months,” advises Pierre-Jean Mayol at Aeroplan.
- Lapland, Finland. At this picturesque spot above the Arctic Circle, snow can last for more than half the year and you have a chance of spotting the Northern lights during a reindeer-drawn sleigh ride safari.
- Plaster Rock, New Brunswick. Hockey lovers will be delighted to visit in February, when the World Pond Hockey Championships bring competitors to pond rinks created on top of Roulston Lake.
- Hyde Park, London, England. Winter Wonderland is more than a word to describe this place — it’s also the name of an annual festive event that happens here. It features ballet, circus shows, the Magical Ice Kingdom, German Christmas markets, the U.K.’s largest open air ice rink, and stunning views of London from the giant observation wheel.
- Nelson, British Columbia. Nestled deep in a secluded region of the West Kootenays, this winter spot is a favourite of skiers, snowboarders, photographers, and writers. Enjoy excellent powder and terrain while you go sledding or cross country skiing and impressive lakeside views during ice fishing.
- Reykjavik, Iceland. This capital city features hot springs, horseback riding in the snow, and day trips driving around The Golden Circle where you can see geysers, volcanoes, glaciers, and the Northern lights.
Experience breathtaking scenery at your favourite destination sooner with Aeroplan’s Fixed Mileage and Market Fare Flight Rewards, which give you the flexibility to book your ticket up to two hours before departure and give you access to any seat at any time on all Air Canada flights.
“Our members can redeem miles for both Air Canada and the Star Alliance network that together offer travel to more than 1,300 destinations worldwide,” says Mayol.