By Chef Selwyn Richards
PRIDE Culinary Expert
2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
4 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Juice of 1/2 lime
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/3 cup light brown sugar
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1/3 cup honey
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Chopped Parsley to garnish
1. In a large shallow bowl, add garlic, lemon and lime juices, sugar, mustard, honey, salt, pepper and vinegar and whisk thoroughly.
2. Add the olive oil and whisk again.
3. Set two portions of the marinade aside for later.
4. Add the chicken halves to the bowl and coat each side with the marinade.
5. Heat up the BBQ and grill the chicken pieces for about 4 minutes each side or until no longer pink inside.
6. Baste the chicken pieces with one portion of the reserved marinade occasionally.
7. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve with the last portion of the marinade as dipping sauce.
Selwyn Richards is an award-winning master chef. He is also the President and Executive Chef at The Art of Catering Inc. and is the author of “The Art of Cooking: Soul of The Caribbean”. Chef Selwyn can be reached at: email@example.com or by phone — (905) 619-1059.