By Chef Selwyn Richards
2 small zucchini
2 small yellow (summer) squash
1/3 cup fresh mint leaves
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
pepper to taste
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
1. Thinly slice or shave the zucchini and yellow squash. It should be very thin. You can do this with a mandolin or with a peeler. Set aside in a bowl.
2. Cut the mint leaves into strips by rolling them together, then slicing into strips, then add to the bowl with the squash.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil and lemon juice, then continue whisking and add the salt and pepper; taste and adjust for flavor, add more if necessary.
4. Drizzle this dressing over the squash in the bowl, add the toasted pine nuts and toss together.
5. Let mixture stand for 10 to 15 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
6. Serve in small salad bowls and sprinkle with more toasted pine nuts if desired.
Selwyn Richards is an award-winning master chef. He is also the President and Executive Chef at The Art of Catering Inc. and is the author of “The Art of Cooking: Soul of The Caribbean”. Chef Selwyn can be reached at: email@example.com or by phone — (905) 619-1059.