By Ettie Rutherford
Here is a quick question for you: Do you believe that you are a powerful person? I hope you do; because everyone has specific kinds of power, although it might not be recognized, discussed, or used to their advantage.
Many of you might feel powerless because the general belief has always been that only the rich, the highly-educated and people of a certain culture, or race, can be powerful. There are also cases, in which you might have been made to feel that your abilities are useless; your self-worth might have been debased; or you might have been emotionally-abused to the point that, through a lack of self-esteem, you have felt powerless and ineffectual.
The good news is that you can easily realize your power, by calculating how many people would be affected if, for one week, you refused to do whatever it is that you do on a daily basis.
So, take off on a power trip by:
- Ignoring other people’s assessment of your power source.
- Realizing that power manifests itself in many forms, e.g. specific talents, leadership qualities, authority to influence others, or the ability to control how situations affect your life.
- Identifying and continually upgrading your areas of strength.
- Clarifying how you can use your power to improve yours and the lives of others.
- Using your power to control and enhance your life, even as you share it with others.
All power to you!