By Chef Selwyn Richards
Another tasty, delicious, simple, and easy meal that incorporates whole foods and optimum health benefits is beef with peppers and tomatoes. Lean beef that is grass-fed, and organic would be the optimal choice here. The peppers and tomatoes are capable of producing their own yummy juices, so you can have a tasty meal in minutes.
1 pound of round steak
2 medium green bell peppers
2 medium ripe tomatoes
whole pressed, extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste
two cloves of garlic
1 small onion
1. Chop the onion and garlic, place inside the hot olive oil.
2. Cut the peppers and tomatoes and add into the oil, garlic and onions that are sautéing.
3. Salt to taste.
4. Let the tomatoes and peppers wilt so they are both tender to the taste, but not too mushy and overcooked. They should be soft, but have a little resistance when bitten into.
5. Cut beef into strips beforehand and add to the pan.
6. Stir-fry on both sides, adding soy sauce to the pan.
7. Stir well, cooking beef to your liking; preferably, a slight pink on the inside with the outer layers of the strips being nicely browned.
If you like you can add this on top of rice or even some wide whole grain noodles. The juices from the peppers and tomatoes will add a nice additional flavor to either the rice or the noodles.
Selwyn Richards is an award-winning master chef. He is also the President and Executive Chef at The Art of Catering Inc. and is the author of “The Art of Cooking: Soul of The Caribbean”. Chef Selwyn can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone — (905) 619-1059.