By Ettie Rutherford
I think you can agree, that although everyone strive to be successful, the prerequisites for success, as an adult, are never taught in school. Consequently, if you want to succeed you are on your own.
How then will you progress, when faced by failure? Here are some valuable tips that can help you overcome challenges and move towards success:
1. Clarify your definition of success.
- Embrace failure as the learning block for succeeding.
- Set priorities and say “No” to unnecessary demands on your time.
- Seek help from successful people.
- Think long‑term in order to avoid daily mishaps.
- Maintain consistency with your behaviors, beliefs and goals.
- Be persistent. Keep going in spite of difficult challenges.
- Focus on lessons learned, not on failures.
- Celebrate your success by sharing it with those who are in need.
Remember, you deserve to be successful — because you are worthy!
Award-winning Ettie Rutherford, B.Ed, Dip.Ed, M.Ed, is an educator, life coach, consultant and author of “Why Perch Like A Chick When You Can Soar Like An Eagle?”. An accomplished public speaker, Ettie is the Founder and CEO of Women Are Worthy, which provides step-by-step strategies for women to achieve their goals, with a minimum amount of stress. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.