By Chef Selwyn Richards
2 and a 1/2 cups milk
1/3 cup canola oil
1 tablespoon of vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup wheat flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
Enough all purpose flour to thicken batter to your liking
1. Place the milk, eggs, oil and vanilla into a large mixing bowl. Whisk until just blended together.
2. Add the salt and sugar. Beat until smooth.
3. Add the wheat flour and baking powder. Beat until smooth.
4. Add just enough all purpose flour to thicken batter to your liking.
5. Heat a griddle over medium high heat.
6. Griddle is hot enough when a drop of water dances on the griddle.
7. Pour about 1/2 cup batter onto hot griddle.
8. Cook until pancake begins to bubble and edges begin to dry.
9. Flip and cook about 2 minutes or until both sides are lightly brown.
10. Continue cooking until all the batter is used.
11. Cool pancakes completely.
12. Place a piece of wax paper on a flat surface.
13. Place a pancake onto the wax paper.
14. Place another piece of wax paper on top of the pancake.
15. Then another pancake and continue until all the pancakes are used alternating with wax paper and pancakes.
16. Place into a freezer bag and freeze up to 6 months.
17. To reheat, just drop into the toaster.
18. Toast for two cycles if necessary.
Selwyn Richards is an award-winning master chef. He is also the President and Executive Chef at The Art of Catering Inc. and is the author of “The Art of Cooking: Soul of The Caribbean”. Chef Selwyn can be reached at: email@example.com or by phone — (905) 619-1059.