By Ettie Rutherford
Individual success proves to us that we are not failures, that we are capable and that we have made wise choices.
Sadly, for some people, success has passed them by, because they are always comparing themselves to others, while doubting their ability to be the guardians of their own success.
Also, there are too many, who foolishly view success by the size of people’s financial status, instead of focusing on social, emotional and spiritual happiness, which will ultimately lead to ongoing joy — one of the most important signs of being successful.
Since success can be achieved, only through hard work, please try to:
1. Consider your definition of success.
2. Clarify your personal values, expected outcomes and pathway to success.
3. Make specific plans, with a practical timeline, for achieving each goal that leads to a successful life.
4. Keep persevering, even after challenges have “knocked you down”.
5. Develop confidence in your strengths, your beliefs and past achievements.
6. Be thankful and share your success with those who are in need.
7. Stop thinking and start DOING.
Award-winning Ettie Rutherford, B.Ed, Dip.Ed, M.Ed, is an educator, life coach, consultant and author of “Why Perch Like A Chick When You Can Soar Like An Eagle?”. An accomplished public speaker, Ettie is the Founder and CEO of Women Are Worthy, which provides step-by-step strategies for women to achieve their goals, with a minimum amount of stress. She can be reached at email@example.com