By Ettie Rutherford
Very soon you will be faced with a brand-new year. As you reflect on 2019 and set new goals, it will be necessary to move forward with gusto, hope, and renewed confidence.
Since your decisions and actions will detail the footprints which you will leave for others to emulate, it will be important to face inevitable challenges, which will surely arise in your relationships, your businesses, your work situations, your health, your finances and other areas, depending on individual circumstances.
It will be necessary to prioritize, set boundaries, and take actions that will leave valuable footprints, grounded in your determination to be bold, decisive and fearless. So:
1. Stop being so cautious and take risks.
2. Take decisive actions that will benefit you and those less fortunate.
3. Increase your confidence by focusing on your strengths, not weaknesses.
4. Ignore other people’s negative opinions when you assert yourself.
5. Use lessons, which you have learned during 2019, as stepping-stones for 2020.
6. Prioritize your focus to allow time for physical, emotional and spiritual growth.
7. Speak bravely about negative situations, and thankfully about successes. And
8. Engage in activities to build your self-esteem.
Award-winning Ettie Rutherford, B.Ed, Dip.Ed, M.Ed, is an educator, life coach, consultant and author of “Why Perch Like A Chick When You Can Soar Like An Eagle?”. An accomplished public speaker, Ettie is the Founder and CEO of Women Are Worthy, which provides step-by-step strategies for women to achieve their goals, with a minimum amount of stress. She can be reached at email@example.com