By Ettie Rutherford
Even though the Coronavirus has been ravaging our lives, on a global level, please realize that you are more fortunate than millions, across the globe. Do not take that for granted.
So as not to fall prey to fear and despondency, the most effective plan, moving forward, is to grasp another level of coping, namely: acceptance.
Jack Canfield, one of the originators of the “Chicken Soup” series of books, reminds us, that radical acceptance means accepting people and changing circumstances, as they are. It is about accepting reality.
He further states that acceptance does not mean approval. It simple means that you are moving beyond judging the situation, to looking for solutions to preserve your sanity.
Therefore, through intelligent acceptance, let us:
* Understand that lack of acceptance creates more pain.
* Evaluate your situation, in order to differentiate between your financial, mental and physical concerns.
* Focus on specific actions to foster progress and growth.
* Refuse to judge yourself, if everything is not perfect for you and your children.
* Pray for, and assist, those who are less fortunate.
* Thank God for your daily blessings.
Award-winning Ettie Rutherford, B.Ed, Dip.Ed, M.Ed, is an educator, life coach, consultant and author of “Why Perch Like A Chick When You Can Soar Like An Eagle?”. An accomplished public speaker, Ettie is the Founder and CEO of Women Are Worthy, which provides step-by-step strategies for women to achieve their goals, with a minimum amount of stress. She can be reached at email@example.com