By Ettie Rutherford
Not so this year, because the coronavirus has taken over everyone’s lives — financially, socially, mentally and spiritually.
So, as usual, my question is: where do we go from here? My continued response is, we must all strive to rise above the negatives that confront us.
How do we accomplish that? I suggest that you:
- Control your thoughts in order to respond and not just re-act to the virus. Re-acting breeds irrational behavior, whereas responding is based on actions that will bring forth positive and measurable results.
- Use “stay-at-home” time to do the things that were not done, before the lock-down, e.g. de-cluttering, journaling, exercising, assisting a student to cope in these trying times.
- Focus on beginning, or upgrading, your “home-based business”.
- Start writing your family history, or your experiences, during the pandemic.
- Contact, and celebrate, long-lost friends, new births in your family, the youths in your family, aged family members and single mothers.
- Give thanks that you have life, a home, food, clean running water, and loved ones.
Award-winning Ettie Rutherford, B.Ed, Dip.Ed, M.Ed, is an educator, life coach, consultant and author of “Why Perch Like A Chick When You Can Soar Like An Eagle?”. An accomplished public speaker, Ettie is the Founder and CEO of Women Are Worthy, which provides step-by-step strategies for women to achieve their goals, with a minimum amount of stress. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org