By Ettie Rutherford
Even though life as you knew it, before the coronavirus pandemic, will never be what you would like it to be, there is still no need to adopt a feeling of hopelessness. This is a time to be strategic, to be hopeful, to be agile and, above all, to realize the power of focus.
In Jack Canfield’s book, “The Power of Focus”, he states: “The ability to focus is the most important success skill you can ever develop”.
Interestingly, while many are using today’s challenges to have pity-parties, many others have used the opportunity to empower themselves to begin new businesses, build new partnerships and provide new services, because of the unique demands that the pandemic has created.
Therefore, this is the time to resist all the distractions that are presented by the overwhelming repetitive noise by the media, as well as advice that is being given by friendly advisors, some of whom know even less than you do.
It is time to stop blaming the virus for putting you in the passenger seat of today’s reality, and focus on the journeys, which you completed when you were younger, less-knowledgeable, less capable, and less confident. It is a time to re-invent yourself and improve your skills, to better serve yourself, as well as others in need.
So where do you go from here? How about:
1. Staying alert to possibilities that might arise from the present situation.
2. Setting achievable goals and being specific about life expectations, for six months.
3. Leveraging and using your strengths to bring your possibilities to life.
4. Realizing the difference between being productive and being busy.
5. Expanding your network, by seeking assistance from mentors. And, finally,
6. Realizing the impact of your negative attitude on your life — and stop blaming others.
Award-winning Ettie Rutherford, B.Ed, Dip.Ed, M.Ed, is an educator, life coach, consultant and author of “Why Perch Like A Chick When You Can Soar Like An Eagle?”. An accomplished public speaker, Ettie is the Founder and CEO of Women Are Worthy, which provides step-by-step strategies for women to achieve their goals, with a minimum amount of stress. She can be reached at email@example.com