By Chef Selwyn Richards
6 under ripe bananas
Generous amount of whipped cream to serve
1 Tablespoon un-skinned almonds
1 Tablespoon un-skinned hazelnuts
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1. In a small frying pan, place almonds, hazelnuts and sugar.
2. Heat gently, constantly stirring, until the sugar has dissolved.
3. Increase the heat and cook until the mixture resembles a toffee-like syrup.
4. Pour this mixture onto a non-stick baking sheet and place the sheet on a metal baking sheet on a wooden board.
5. Set aside to cool off. It will become brittle when cold.
6. Crush finely.
7. Cut a slit, lengthwise, into the skin of each unpeeled banana.
8. Open out the banana skin slightly and using 3 teaspoons of the nut mixture per banana, fill the slit of each banana.
9. Reshape the bananas and wrap each one in aluminum foil. Make sure the top is sealed.
10. Reheat the BBQ and put the wrapped bananas onto the grill for about 8-10 minutes, turning them over halfway.
This is a delicious dessert and will be enjoyed by the whole family. It serves 6.
Selwyn Richards is an award-winning master chef. He is also the President and Executive Chef at The Art of Catering Inc. and is the author of “The Art of Cooking: Soul of The Caribbean”. Chef Selwyn can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone — (905) 619-1059.