By Ettie Rutherford
As human beings, most of us have a habit of collecting and accumulating clutter. Often our cupboards are full of gadgets and accessories, which we no longer use or even remember.
Did you know that removing clutter from your workspace or your home, can have significant benefits on your wellbeing? From bringing down your stress level to helping you become more productive, a good clean out can be wonderfully therapeutic.
Consider these benefits:
- A tidy space is airier, roomier and cozier, and so you will feel more relaxed, calmer, and better able to focus your thoughts, when you need to find an item.
- A tidy space is easier to clean, will have a more relaxing feeling and will be a more pleasant space, in which to unwind.
- Everything will be easier to find. You can spend less time looking for things and more placing new items in their proper place.
- Clutter sometimes holds hurtful memories, which might prevent you from feeling more positive and in control. So free yourself from emotional baggage.
- Removing clutter can give you a sense of achievement.
- Since clutter holds on to dust, grime and dirt, by de-cluttering you are protecting yourself from allergies, breathing problems and other health hazards.
- A tidy place will make it more practical to have visitors to your home; and
- De-cluttering allows you to redecorate or rearrange more comfortable spaces.
Getting clutter out of your house is more than just getting rid of old things. It gives you a feeling of creating a new beginning, thereby minimizing stress and allowing you to take ownership of your home — with pride.