By Ettie Rutherford
How often have you felt like throwing your hands in the air and giving up, because what you expected has not materialized?
Those are times when your emotions are “getting the better of you”; times when you get carried away by feelings that tend to make you feel worse, instead of better.
During the coming year, you and I will not take that route. Instead we will use our intelligence to:
1. Realize the extent to which we are governed by feelings… not logic.
2. Respond, instead of re-act, to situations.
3. Think before we act.
4. Control our emotions.
5. Use positive thoughts as basis for our thinking and planning.
6. Realize that reacting pleases those who are judging us.
7. Analyse situations to determine our role in the whole scenario.
8. Stop blaming others for our realities.
9. Work pro-actively to minimize negative challenges.
10. Stop saying: “How do I look, and start saying “How do my feelings affect me and others?
Award-winning Ettie Rutherford, B.Ed, Dip.Ed, M.Ed, is an educator, life coach, consultant and author of “Why Perch Like A Chick When You Can Soar Like An Eagle?”. An accomplished public speaker, Ettie is the Founder and CEO of Women Are Worthy, which provides step-by-step strategies for women to achieve their goals, with a minimum amount of stress. She can be reached at email@example.com