By Chef Selwyn Richards
Here is one example…
Other than spices, oils, and seasonings, you will need three ingredients: chicken, spinach, and brown rice.
You will need to marinate the chicken:
6 chicken cutlets (the preference here would be organic chicken)
Juice of 2 whole lemons
1 clove garlic
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Marinate the chicken, lemons and garlic with the added salt and pepper to taste overnight, covered with plastic wrap in your refrigerator. The chicken will absorb the lovely flavor of the combination of lemon and garlic.
2. The following evening, all you have to do is take 2 cups spinach; chop it up, and sauté in some whole pressed extra virgin olive oil and 1 small chopped onion, adding salt to taste.
3. Cook the chicken breasts for approximately three to five minutes, but judge by your view of how the chicken is cooking. When it is lightly browned and no longer pink in the middle, your chicken is done.
4. When the spinach is sautéed and the chicken is cooked, pour the sautéed spinach atop the brown rice, mixing well. Mixing well will allow for the olive oil and onion to flavor the rice, too.
5. Place the marinated lemon chicken on top and you have a meal using spinach, brown rice and chicken that is healthy, quick, and easy, as well as tasty.
Selwyn Richards is an award-winning master chef. He is also the President and Executive Chef at The Art of Catering Inc. and is the author of “The Art of Cooking: Soul of The Caribbean”. Chef Selwyn can be reached at: email@example.com or by phone — (905) 619-1059.