By Ettie Rutherford
For many of us it is very difficult to just do what we can, instead of yearning after what seems to be missing from our lives. Instead of building on our strengths, our experiences and our blessings, there is always the false belief that there is something else that is needed to bring about success and contentment.
Cheryl Richardson, the author of Life Makeovers, makes the point that when we are hesitant to move on, “It might just be that what is missing from your life is you”, because you live in a world that continually pulls you outside of yourself.
Consequently, do not allow yourself to be distracted by the relentless bombardment of negativity from the media, pressures from family, the workplace and friends, as well as a lack of a vision and clarity, regarding what you expected for your life.
To keep building from where you are, it might be helpful to consider the following:
1. Remember the saying, “Wherever you go, there you are”.
2. Regard yourself as the chief architect of your life.
3. Clarify the best ways of using all the positives in your life.
4. Set a time-line for achieving your goals.
5. Acknowledge the strengths that have brought you to your present situation.
6. Rid yourself of outside distractions that have nothing to do with your life.
7. Keep saying, “I’ve got what it takes. I will focus on what I can do.
Award-winning Ettie Rutherford, B.Ed, Dip.Ed, M.Ed, is an educator, life coach, consultant and author of “Why Perch Like A Chick When You Can Soar Like An Eagle?”. An accomplished public speaker, Ettie is the Founder and CEO of Women Are Worthy, which provides step-by-step strategies for women to achieve their goals, with a minimum amount of stress. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org