By Chef Selwyn Richards
Oven roasting vegetables is one of the best ways to bring out their natural flavors. This quick and easy recipe makes a great weeknight side-dish, that pairs well with beef, chicken, pork or seafood. It’s also great in a number of white-sauce pasta dishes.
1 pound fresh asparagus, tough ends removed
1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
fresh lemon zest (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400° F
2. Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over asparagus and toss to coat well.
3. Arrange on baking sheet, covered in aluminum foil (for easier cleanup), in a single layer.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Roast for 25 minutes or until crisp tender.
6. Garnish with a little fresh lemon zest, if desired.
Selwyn Richards is an award-winning master chef. He is also the President and Executive Chef at The Art of Catering Inc. and is the author of “The Art of Cooking: Soul of The Caribbean”. Chef Selwyn can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone — (905) 619-1059.