By Ettie Rutherford
You have the ability to accomplish anything, within your field of endeavor, if you are patient, resilient and open to the idea that meaningful accomplishments did not take place in a week or a month.
We now live in a world that focuses on immediate gratification. Too few of us see the need to plant, water and nurture a seed before it becomes a fruit-bearing tree.
To accomplish a worthwhile venture, I, therefore, urge you to:
1. Set priorities by developing a practical timeline for achieving your goal.
2. Clarify, then focus on steps to be taken.
3. Ensure enough time to plan, execute, evaluate and give thanks.
4. Stop taking short-cuts and go the extra mile — less traffic, less distraction.
5. Take the stairs instead of the elevator — more elbow room for re-adjusting.
6. Keep going at a pace that will reduce fear, stress and self-doubt.
7. Just think, “Rome wasn’t built in a day”, neither was the world.
8. Remember! God took six days to create the world — and then, He rested.
God luck on your next venture.
Award-winning Ettie Rutherford, B.Ed, Dip.Ed, M.Ed, is an educator, life coach, consultant and author of “Why Perch Like A Chick When You Can Soar Like An Eagle?”. An accomplished public speaker, Ettie is the Founder and CEO of Women Are Worthy, which provides step-by-step strategies for women to achieve their goals, with a minimum amount of stress. She can be reached at email@example.com