By Chef Selwyn Richards
When paired with the peppery taste of fresh arugula and the tangy goodness of the homemade lime-cilantro vinaigrette, you’ve got an incredible taste sensation that is sure to become a new family favorite.
Tip: If possible, prepare the lime-cilantro vinaigrette in advance, to give the flavors a chance to develop.
Lime-Cilantro Vinaigrette Ingredients
2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
3 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped (+ extra sprigs for garnish)
3 Tablespoons grape seed oil
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 Tablespoon honey
2 teaspoons ground cumin
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
2 small chilled seedless watermelons, cut in half
4 ounces Feta cheese, cut into evenly sized pieces
4 cups fresh arugula
1. To prepare the vinaigrette, add all ingredients to a medium glass bowl and whisk to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired, and set aside.
2. Cut watermelons in half, then carefully remove and reserve the flesh in a large bowl. (Cut the watermelon into bite-sized pieces, if necessary).
3. Pat the inside of each empty watermelon rind with a paper towel to dry. Set aside to use as serving bowls for the finished salad.
4. Add Feta cheese and arugula to the bowl with the watermelon. Drizzle the vinaigrette on top and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Gently toss to combine.
5. To serve, transfer the watermelon-Feta mixture to the reserved watermelon rinds and garnish with sprigs of fresh cilantro, if desired. Enjoy!
Prep time: 20 minutes.
Selwyn Richards is an award-winning master chef. He is also the President and Executive Chef at The Art of Catering Inc. and is the author of “The Art of Cooking: Soul of The Caribbean”. Chef Selwyn can be reached at: email@example.com or by phone — (905) 619-1059.