By Chef Selwyn Richards
1 (10-3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
3 Tablespoons sour cream
4 baking potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
Salt and pepper
4 (1 inch thick) pork chops
2 Tablespoons olive
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Butter a 9 x 13 inch ovenproof baking dish.
3. Combine soup and sour cream in medium bowl.
4. Arrange half the potatoes in prepared dish.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Pour half of soup mixture over potatoes.
7. Top with remaining potatoes.
8. Pour remaining soup mixture over.
9. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
10. Bake until golden brown, 90 minutes.
11. Meanwhile, season chops with salt and pepper.
12. In a large heavy skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
13. Add chops and cook until lightly brown, about 5 minutes per side.
14. Place chops atop the potatoes.
15. Cover and bake until potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes.
16. Serve immediately.
Selwyn Richards is an award-winning master chef. He is also the President and Executive Chef at The Art of Catering Inc. and is the author of “The Art of Cooking: Soul of The Caribbean”. Chef Selwyn can be reached at: email@example.com or by phone — (905) 619-1059.