By Chef Selwyn Richards
Surprise your cheese lovers with this easy meat loaf. This recipe makes two loaves, so one can be frozen for another time, if you have a small family.
2-1/2 pounds of ground chuck
1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
1/2 cup of onion, chopped
3 Tablespoons of bell pepper, chopped (freeze the rest for another use)
1-1/2 cups of oatmeal (or bread crumbs)
1 teaspoon each of salt and black pepper
1/4 teaspoon of dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
3 eggs, beaten
1 can of tomato paste.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl mix the beef, cheese, onion, bell pepper, salt, pepper, thyme and garlic until blended.
3. In another bowl, blend the eggs with the tomato paste and add to the meat mixture.
4. Using your hands, form the meat mixture into two loaves and put into two, greased 4-inch X 8-inch loaf pans.
5. Bake uncovered for 1 hour.
Selwyn Richards is an award-winning master chef. He is also the President and Executive Chef at The Art of Catering Inc. and is the author of “The Art of Cooking: Soul of The Caribbean”. Chef Selwyn can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone — (905) 619-1059.