“There’s a time and a place for everything. If you are going to kill each other, do it outside.”
By Ettie Rutherford
- Religion — You better pray that you did not spill any drink on the furniture.
- Logic — Because I said so. That’s why.
- Fore-sight — Always wear clean underwear; you never know when you might end up in the hospital.
- Control — Stop crying or I will give you something to cry about.
- To be a miracle-worker — Shut your mouth and start eating your supper.
- To be a contortionist — Look at the back of your neck, how dirty it is.
- About stamina — You will sit there until you finish all that food. Do you know how many children are starving all over the world?
- Weather — Your room looks like it was hit by a hurricane.
- Straight Talk — If I told you once, I told you a thousand times….do not exaggerate.
- Self-control — Do not touch that food. I made it for the church dinner.
- Behavior Modification — Stop behaving like your father. Right this minute..
- Avoiding Peer Pressure — You are known by the company you keep. You lie with dogs and you will rise with fleas.
- Truth — Always tell the truth, even it kills you.
- Do not tell everyone your “business”. You know how we all like to gossip.
Blessings to all mothers, grandmothers, and surrogate mothers.
Award-winning Ettie Rutherford, B.Ed, Dip.Ed, M.Ed, is an educator, life coach, consultant and author of “Why Perch Like A Chick When You Can Soar Like An Eagle?”. An accomplished public speaker, Ettie is the Founder and CEO of Women Are Worthy, which provides step-by-step strategies for women to achieve their goals, with a minimum amount of stress. She can be reached at email@example.com